Dr. Ismael Buchanan A is the Dean of the School of Economics and Governance, in the College of Business and Economics, at the University of Rwanda, Huye Campus.
He earned his B.A, M.A, on Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (Scholarship), and PhD from International Islamic University Malaysia (UAI). In 2016, He pursued his Post Doctorate in International Business management, Graduate School of Management-Switzerland. He has long term country experience in Malaysia, Indonesia, Kenya, Uganda, Australia and Rwanda, where he worked as HoD, Dean and Director in different capacities. He served as Senior Trainer at Rwanda Defence Force Command and Staff College-Nyakinama (RDFCSC). He has served three years at International University Technology Malaysia (IUCTT), Sir Damansara, Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), before joining the School of Social, Political and Public Administration (SPPAs) of the College of Arts and Social Sciences in 2009.
Before serving as the Dean of the School of Economics and Governance, Ismael worked as the Director of Quality Assurance at East African University Rwanda (EAUR), Having taught with demonstrated excellence a wide range of courses, from the beginnings to the modern, over a period of more than twelve years now, he is well-grounded as a scholar—with a keen interest in different issues related to Diplomacy, Global Security, International Relation, Foreign Policy. His most two recent projects experience includes One Dollar Campaign and Diaspora Bye Bye Nyakatsi Project design for Rwandan Diaspora. His experience ranges across a number of different donors groups including; UN, ACCORD, UN-WOMEN, UNDP, etc.. Ismael has demonstrated enthusiasm for strengthening partnerships and collaboration within the academia, coupled with a strong commitment to diversity and intellectual adventurism.
In addition to several presentations at international conferences and some edited works, Dr Ismael has a long and impressive record of first-rate publications, having published over ten full-length (10pp. or more) original and scholarly articles on some of the major International Relation articles/journals and others in some of the most prestigious and established mainstream journals in the field around the world including the Asia and Africa. Dr. Ismael has received many Research Grants to develop research projects in various topics.
Additional email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of research interest:
- Global Security
- Conflict Management and Peace Building
- International Relations and Foreign Policy and Diplomacy
- International Business management, and HRM
- Election and Post-election period
- Public Policy Analysis
- Leadership Management
- Globalisation and International develolment
- Ismael B. The role of Government of Rwanda in the East African Community (EAC), 2010. http://academia.edu/9825877/14739879.2015.1079969
- Ismael B. Combating Corruption in the Public Sector: Rwanda as case study (1994-2000), June, 2010
- Ismael B. computer usage in teaching and learning among secondary school teachers, a case study of Kigali City, www.journals.sagepub.com/doi.abs/10/1177/193229680900200605
- Ismael B. Understanding the core concerns of government and politics in Rwanda, http://umutarapolytech.academia.edu/buchananismael.
- Ismael B. Harmonization of Humanities and Social Sciences courses in the Sciences Technology Curricula in Rwanda Education System, 2012, www.linkedin.com/in/buchanan-ismael-7931808
- Ismael B. The role of state in the reconciliation and reconstruction process after the post conflict peace building: Rwanda as case study, August, 2008. Unpublished PhD thesis.
- Member /American and Canadian Political Science Association (2004)
- Member, JUST World Trust, Malaysia (2003)
- Member of the Amnesty International -Malaysia (2004)
- Life Member of the Malaysian Human Rights, SUAKAM (2005)
- Member of Rwanda Civil Society Platform (RCSP)