Dr. Edouard Musabanganji is the Lecturer of Applied Statistics and related subjects in the Department of Applied Statistics, School of Economics and Governance, College of Business and Economics, at the University of Rwanda.
He earned his Bachelor of Education (Major in Mathematics) from former National University of Rwanda in 2005, a Master’s degree in Statistics from the Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium) in 2009, a PhD in Agricultural Sciences and Biological Engineering (Major in Agricultural Economics) from the University of Liège (Belgium) in 2017 a training certificates in Gender Mainstreaming and Budgeting from the Organization for Social Sciences Research in Southern and Eastern Africa (OSSREA) and a training certificate in Advanced Econometrics and Panel Data Analysis from the Economic Policy Research Network.
Dr. Edouard Musabanganji has more than 8 years of Experience in Higher Education and Research. He won and successfully conducted a highly competitive OSSREA funded 2-year Research Project under Unemployment and Employment Policies in Sub-Saharan Africa. He single handedly the writing and submission of a winning 3-year Wallonie-Bruxelles International (WBI)-funded Project on Capacity building of Urban and Peri-urban Farmers in Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo. The Project will be implemented in Rwanda by the University of Rwanda.
Areas of research interest:
- Applied Statistics
- Agricultural economics
- Rural and community development
- Nkikabahizi F., Ndagijimana, J. and Musabanganji, E. (2017). Relationship Between Inflation and Real Economic Growth in Rwanda. In A. Heshmati (Ed.), Studies on Economic Development and Growth in Selected African Countries, Frontiers in African Business Research, Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. DOI: 10.1007/978-981-10-4451-9_6
- Musabanganji E., Karangwa, A. and Lebailly, P. (2016). Intensification of Smallholder Agriculture in Rwanda: Scenarios and Challenges towards a Sustainable Transformation. Paper presented at the 5th International Conference of the African Association of Agricultural Economists, September 23-26, 2016, Addis-Ababa, Ethiopia. http://hdl.handle.net/2268/202461
- Musabanganji E., Karangwa, A., Azadi, H. and Lebailly, P. (2016). Regional Integration and Agricultural Trade Development in Rwanda: The case of Staple Foods Sector. Agriculture & Forestry, Vol. 62 (2): 1 53-1 62. DOI: 10.17707/AgricultForest.62.2.14
- Musabanganji, E., Karangwa, A. and Lebailly, P. (2015). Determinants of Access to Agricultural Credits for Small Scale Farmers in the Southern Province of Rwanda, In Dusan, K. (Ed.), Book of Proceedings, Sixth International Scientific Agricultural Symposium “AgroSym 2015” (6): 1815-1820. http://hdl.handle.net/2268/190058
- Musabanganji, E., Karangwa, A. and Lebailly, P. (2015). Price transmission mechanism analysis: An application to selected foodstuffs on the main markets of the Southern Rwanda. East African Journal of Science and Technology (EAJST), Vol.5 (2): 179-200. http://hdl.handle.net/2268/186896
- Bashangwa M. B., Musabanganji, E., Ndimanya, P. and Lebailly, P. (2015).Agriculture & Forestry10.17707/AgricultForest.61.4.12
- Karangwa, A., Niyitanga, F., Bucagu, Musabanganji, E. and Habimana, S., (2015). Effect test of Industrial Organic Manure on the Physical Growth and Yield Performance of Bean in Bugesera District Environment. Case of Earth Boost fertilizer on Colta variety. East African Journal of Science and Technology (EAJST), Vol.5 (2): 32-49. http://hdl.handle.net/2268/186745
- Musabanganji, E. and Rukundo, J.B. (2014). Unemployment and Under-employment in Rural areas of Rwanda. A case study of Huye District. In Mihyo, P. (Ed.), Employment Policies and Unemployment in Southern and Eastern Africa, 370-395. http://hdl.handle.net/2268/169869
- Musabanganji, E. (2013). Analysis of the behavior of the main food product on local markets in Rwanda. A Methodological approach using the Equilibrium model. Journal of Emerging Issues in Economics, Finance and Banking (JEIEFB), Vol. 1 (3): 163-183. http://hdl.handle.net/2268/157411
- Musabanganji, E. (2012). Analyse des séries temporelles appliquée. A book of 153 pages published in Editions Universitaires Européennes, Sarrebrook. (ISBN: 978-3-8417-9293-8).https://www.editions-ue.com/catalog/details/store/gb/book/978-3-8417-929...’analyse-des-séries-temporelles-appliquée.
- Jose, A. M., Musabanganji, E., Niwemahoro C., Banamwana, L., Uwitonze, M. and Mukamana, A. (2011). A study of institutional environment and household food security at local level in Rwanda. Rwandan Journal, Vol. 22 (B): 96-128. https://www.ajol.info/index.php/rj/article/view/71505
- iwemahoro, C., Musabanganji, E. and Banamwana, L. (2011). Fertility preferences and level of Family planning in Rwanda: Case of Huye District. Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS), Vol. 2 (3): 168-174. http://hdl.handle.net/2268/159526