Mr. NDAHIMANA Michel is the Head of Marketing and HRM Departmen, the first department of Marketing in Rwanda hosted at the University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics, School of Business. He earned his Bachelor of Business Administration at School of Finance and Banking (The Current University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics), in 2006., a Master of Business Administration (MBA) of The University of Dar es Salaam Business School (UDBS), Tanzania in 2010 and a Master of Public Procurement for Sustainable Development of The University of Torino, Italy in 2013. and a training Certificates in Entrepreneurship of Goldman Sachs, Entrepreneurium of Gabon and STEP of Leuphena University. He served six years at the Former School of Finance and Banking (SFB) before the merger of Seven former Higher Learning Institutions in 2013 under University of Rwanda. He currently serves University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics (UR-CBE) as the Head of Department of Marketing and Human Resource Management).
Mr. Michel has demonstrated enthusiasm for strengthening partnerships and collaboration within the academia, coupled with a strong commitment to diversity and intellectual adventurism. His goals for the Department of Marketing and HRM is graduating the most suitable required graduates with all the qualities of being a good fit in the labor market.
7. Areas of research interest:
Marketing (Green Marketing, Segmentation, Marketing Mix and E-marketing)
Start-ups, Applied and Social entrepreneurship
Procurement and Supply Chain Management
1. Ndahimana, M., Musonera, E., Weber, M. (2013). “Assessment of Marketing Strategies for Ecotourism Promotion: A case of RDB/Tourism and Conservation in Rwanda”, Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness, Vol. 7(2). (ISSN# 2155-2843).
2. Palanisamy Ganesan, Nadine Umunyana Manzi, NDahimana Michel (2011). “Antecedents of Business Performance of Customers’ Organization: Role of Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction – A case study of Rwanda Commercial Bank” Annual Conference Proceedings published by Marketing management Association.
OTHER ONGOING RESEARCH
1. Comprehensive Assessment of the Manufacturing Industrial Capacity Utilization in Rwanda (Census which covered all the Manufacturing Factories, Industries Across Rwanda where I was in contract with MACS (Consultancy Company) for 6 months as Enumerator’s Trainer, Field Supervisor , Template designer and Data Analyst using SPSS and STATA.
2. Lead Consultant for the Community Assets Mapping and Market Assessment of REACH-T Project in the Tea Growing Areas of Gicumbi, Nyamasheke, Rusizi, Rutsiro and Ngororero Districts which completed in March 2015 where I was contrated with BAGEC Ltd to performe tasks such as Enumerator’s Trainer, field supervisor, Template designer, Data entry Trainer and report writer
3. Challenges facing the women entrepreneurs in Rwanda with reference to Gicumbi and Rulindo Districts (Still in Progress).
4. Access to Girl’s education at both secondary and tertiary education in Rwanda a case of Gicumbi District in the Northern Province
5. Being working as co-researcher on Leveraging Indigenous Technology to create employment for Rural Women in Rwanda and Tanzania." With Dr. Chika EZEANYA where she is the Principal Investigator in Rwanda and that it is a project funded by the International Development Research Center Canada (IDRC).
6. Investigation of the Application of The Business Model Canvas for the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women Entrepreneur Certificate Program on the Performance of their Businesses in Rwanda: A Case Of UR-CBE. (Submitted for Publication)
7. Green Marketing undertaking in Kigali City: A study on consumer buying behavior and Sustainable Environmental protection (Presented in UR Conference week and ready to be submitted for publication)