Award of PhD Degree in Leadership studies with specialization in Project Management and Leadership at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa, Award of Masters Degree in Project Management and Leadership in South Africa, University of KwaZulu-Natal and Bachelor’s degree in Management at the National University of Rwanda.
Additional e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have taught at the former National University of Rwanda and the University of Rwanda various modules such as Special accounting, Internal control and International business Environment and Basic financial accounting, Project management and Project Evaluation, Scientific Research Methodology, Business Research Methodology, Resource Management Techniques, Human Resource Management, Management consulting skills, Organization and Strategy Development.
2. Supervision of research paper (dissertations)
- In 2005-2016, I supervised 20 dissertations
- In 2011-2012 , I supervised 24 dissertations
- In 2012-2013: I supervised 25 dissertations
- In 2013-2014, I supervised 14 dissertations
- In 2014-2015, I supervised 16 dissertations
- In 2015-2016, I supervised 22 dissertations
III. POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMS
Since 2011, I have been teaching in the postgraduate programs the following modules:
- Performance Management for Accountants, Project Management, Management and Leadership, Human Resource Management,
- Currently, I am teaching at University of Rwanda the following modules: Project Management, Project Analysis and Design, Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Risk Management and Human Resource Management in MBA.
a) In Masters Program
- In 2012-2013: I supervised 4 theses
- In 2013-2014, I supervised 10 theses
- In 2014-2015, I supervised 6 theses
- In 2015-2016, I supervised 3 theses
b) In PhD Program
In April 2015, I was appointed as a co-supervisor of one Rwandan student enrolled in the Management PhD program being run in Sweden jointly by the University of Rwanda and JIBS (Jonkoping International Business School).
IV.PROFESSIONAL TRAINING ACTIVITIES AND WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
Over the period of 2012 to 2017, different training consultancy services were provided for participants from the public sector (Ministries and districts) in the areas of project management, monitoring and evaluation, leadership for Good governance, Result-Based Management, Total quality Management, and Participatory planning Approach. Various workshops of developing module curricula in relation to business areas (levels of undergraduate, masters and PhD programs) and developing business plans were also attended from 2011. Other workshops attended were related to research activities. It is in this regard that in August 2011, I was one of the team members who were selected by the company BiD Network to assess business plans. The assessment consisted of confirming whether those business plans were eligible for getting funding. I assessed 69 business plans. This was done in the context of helping the business development in Rwanda.
Areas of research: Project management, Leadership and Human Resource Management
- Contextual and internal factors contributing to project failures in developing countries: the GADP experience in Rwanda under (by Professor Robert Taylor and Dr Musekura Celestin), under peer review
- “Employee turnover, its causes and effects in higher learning institutions in Rwanda, a comparative study of private and public institutions” (by Dr Musekura Celestin and Nshimiyimana Philemon) presented in the UR International Research Conference Week June 2017
- Implementation of TQM at higher learning institutions in Rwanda (by Dr Musekura Celestin) presented in the 5th Annual Research Conference October 2008